17 Elegant Quinceanera Photoshoot Ideas for Young Ladies
Quinceanera is a big day for 15-year-old girls. Families celebrate this day for their daughter’s graduating from adolescence to stepping into the world of adults. Hence, girls take amazing pictures alone and with friends and families to commemorate this day. The images need to portray their undergoing changes beautifully.
So, we have written this article to tell you about 17 quinceanera photoshoot ideas to bring out girls' confidence and make them look like princesses. Keep reading!
17 Quinceanera Photoshoot Ideas You Must Try
Quinceanera photos are a memory of where girls leave their adolescence. So, take the images with care and patience.
Put Your Hand on Your Hip
If you want to look like a princess, try this pose. At first, stand tall and straight. Bend one knee a little, place your hand on the hip and another hand on the dress. Just touch the dress gently and smile looking at the camera or in some other direction.
You can also place both hands on the hip and smile at the camera.
Cross Your Arms to Show Confidence
Have you seen headshots? The subjects usually cross their arms to show their confidence. Though Quinceanera pictures are portraits, this pose helps convey the same.
So, how do you do the pose with a heavy dress? Stand tall and keep your back straight. It will help you highlight your collarbone and show off your corset. Then cross your arms loosely and look directly into the camera. You can also place one hand on your cheek softly and look at the camera. Take images from a bit low angle to capture impressive pictures.
Note: If you want to know the difference between headshots and portraits, check out this article: Headshot Vs Portrait.
Stand Up and Show Your Whole Dress
For this quince pose idea, you will show your whole dress. Stand straight and place your two hands on the sides of the dress. Do not push it down rather just let it rest gently. Either look at the dress or elsewhere.
Take some pictures looking at the dress and in other directions so that you can choose the best picture out of all.
Spread Out Your Dress on the Floor
It is one of the easiest quinceanera poses to capture. Sit down on the location you are in and move your both knees to the right side (Like, side sitting on the floor). Tell someone to spread your dress from the front and back nicely. Since the quinceanera dresses are long, they look best sitting down. The view looks different from standing up. You can place your hands crisscrossed on the knees or just rest your hands on the sides softly. Try to capture the whole dress to show off and you can do it by setting the camera to a high angle.
Note: Do not sit with your legs crossed (Cross-legged sitting position). If your dress does not have fluff, your sitting position will be visible and the picture will not come cleanly rounded.
Lying on the Ground or Outdoors
Do this pose right after the “spread out your dress on the floor” pose. It will be easier as everything is already set up. However, I will say the process again. Sit down on the ground or grass. Move both your knees to the right side. After you get comfortable in the position, spread your dress properly from all sides, lie down, and smile while looking at the camera.
To capture this quince pose beautifully, set up the camera above and take the shot closely keeping the subject and whole dress in focus.
Show the Back of Your Dress
The Quinceanera dress's back design is beautiful so you can take pictures of it too. You can take it both indoors and outdoors not facing the camera.
If you want to show the back of your dress sitting, like before spread the dress from all sides. You can look up, down, or anywhere and capture the image. Remember to keep your back straight for amazing pictures.
You can also show the beautiful back standing. I recommend taking it outdoors like a garden, lake or beach. The reason? It will look like you are looking at the view and enjoying it. You can do many variations with this pose so experiment as much as you want.
Dance with Your Dress
When I said “Dance” I meant spin lightly. This pose will provide life to your dress also, show that you are enjoying yourself. So, how to do this pose successfully? Hold some layers of your dress from both sides and start twirling. Look at the camera smilingly or look somewhere else. Just enjoy the moment.
Take a Close-Up Shot
Showing the beautiful dress is good however, you need to show the girl's cute face too. And a close-up shot will help you get exactly that. With this pose, you will be able to show your beautiful makeup, hairstyle, gorgeous tiara, necklace, and earrings. So, Place your hand on the chin, or cheek or look at the camera, and smile. You can try anything as long as you can capture a pretty confident girl. Here are some quinceanera photo examples.
Capture Their Dreamy look
Direct the celebrant to look directly into the camera. Focus your gaze on the lens and think of something happy. Do not move too much or your picture may turn blurry or distorted. You can do this pose with a bouquet like pointing it toward the camera, however, keep the focus on the eyes and face and capture their dreamy eyes and happy face. Bring some of the background to show the location such as the venue, garden, etc.
Use Flowers for Quince Poses
Flowers make a woman beautiful because they are a symbol of beauty and femininity. So, remember to use flowers for one of the quinceanera photoshoot ideas. If there is a garden nearby or the location has beautiful flower decorations, use those for the quince photo shoot.
Stand or sit in the middle of the garden and take the image keeping the subject and flowers in the setting in focus. However, if there is no garden nearby, you can also decorate the floor with flowers.
Putting on Heels
At the quinceanera party, the celebrant changes her flats/sports/normal shoes and wears heels. It is an indication that she is leaving her adolescence and welcoming adulthood. So, it is one of the important moments you need to capture. How do you take images changing her shoes? Keep the flats on one foot and wear a heel on another foot and capture the feet picture when the celebrant is wearing her heels. Like this image:
Create Beautiful Memories with Mother
While capturing individual images is important, remember to include family and friends in the photo session. So, let’s start with mother. You can try infinite poses with the mother, for example, the mother is helping the daughter get ready for quinceanera, sitting with the daughter making a wish, or walking or cherishing the moment together.
Another important part of the quinceanera party is the father-daughter dance. After changing their shoes, they proceed to the floor to dance and the guests watch it with happiness. Do not direct the duo for poses rather just capture their raw moments while they dance. Trust me, you will be able to capture many beautiful moments.
Beautiful Family Moment
Family photos must be included in quinceanera picture ideas. No quinceanera is complete without parents-daughter photos. You can take family photos in the venue, church, or even outdoors. Quinceanera is a big moment for parents because they are accepting their daughters as a grown-ups. So, capture a beautiful moment of the parents cherishing their daughter.
Damas & Chambelanes
Though quinceanera is the 15th birthday party of a girl, it is like a wedding celebration. Just like in weddings, you have bridesmaids, here you have Damas and Chambelanes. The girls are called “Damas” and the Boys are called “Chambelanes”. As the damas and chambelanes are the girl’s friends, you can capture cool and funny moments. For example, the girl is standing in the middle and all the guys are jumping or the girl is entering and boys and girls are welcoming her with flowers, etc.
Sunset/Golden Hour for Fairytale effect
If you want to covey a story, sunset/golden hour is the best time. You can use many locations for this shot. For example, sea beach, or stairs, etc. Choose a nice place on the beach, make your subject look other ways, and capture a beautiful girl with a golden hue effect.
As for stairs, make the subject walk up or down the stairs and capture the picture from the front or back. These are just some examples I told you, however, you can try other objects and poses to take beautiful pictures at sunset.
Note: Take images in raw mode to capture every piece of information in the picture. However, remember to edit them in post-production.
Take Pictures in a Frame
Putting my subjects on a canvas is one of my favorite quince poses. The frame can be anything like the entrance of the venue, hall, stairs, archways, etc. Look at some locations and stand the girl in the center.
It may make your subject appear smaller but they will stay in the main focus. Use the three-grid mode. It will help you understand if the subject was placed accurately in the center or not.
Edit Your Quinceanera Pictures Flawlessly
Quinceanera pictures are joyous and vibrant, however, as they are taken in different locations both indoors and outdoors, you need to check them thoroughly for any flaws and distractions.
- Skin: The girl is the main character of the picture so you need to make her skin glow by retouching. Touch up her makeup, if she looks sweaty. Remove any blemishes, or spots and make her skin appear clean and soft. Edit her pictures beautifully and realistically like she is.
- Lighting: after finalizing the photos, the first flaw you will be able to notice is lighting. Often the camera lens reflects with other lighting (natural/artificial lighting) and the images turn too dark or bright. So, you need to correct them and make them look natural.
- Jewelry: You also need to edit jewelry like a pro in quinceanera photos. So, zoom in and check them thoroughly for any color correction and reflection. If the stones look dull or dark, retouch them with their realistic color and brighten the stone colors. Edit them so beautifully that anybody who sees the picture says, “Your accessories look so beautiful even in the picture”.
- Shadows: There will be many elements including the girl like trees, bouquets, stairs, archways, frames, rivers, grass, etc. So, you need to soften all of their shadows. Harsh shadows may irritate the viewers and reduce the image quality, so make the shadows look realistic and lighter.
- Distractions: If any prop or surrounding is diverting the audience’s attention from the celebrant, remove them. The surroundings need to increase the beauty of the celebrant, not distract it from her.
Lastly, if you are busy taking gorgeous 15th pictures and do not have time to retouch the images, contact us. Our beauty retouching services always edit quinceanera pictures professionally and flawlessly. Take our free trial and be the judge.
Some Tips for Your Quinceanera Photoshoot
Follow these tips during a quince photo shoot, it will help you take better pictures.
- Do research. Go to Pinterest and Google for quince poses Ideas. Take notes about dress, bouquet, hairstyles, jewelry, etc.
- Arrive early for the photo shoot. There are many things you need to do before the photoshoot like bring necessary items like a bouquet, jewelry, crown, shoes, etc., and wear the dress, do your hair, and makeup properly. Then there’s the traffic issue too. Also, if the quinceanera photo shoot is on the golden hour or at a specific time, you need to be there or you will miss the timing. So, to take beautiful photos, be there before the scheduled time.
- Wear comfortable shoes like sneakers, flip-flops, etc. Quinceanera photo shoot is a long process and the images are taken in various locations. So, the girl will have to walk to different places with the heavy dress. If they wear heels, they may have a hard time walking. So, during the photo session, wear comfy shoes and if you want to show the heels, just wear them then and there.
- Hire a Professional to do your hair and makeup. They will help you last your makeup and hair longer. Also, they will know best how to highlight your makeup in different lighting settings.
- Keep your makeup items for the touch-up. Since the photos will be taken in the daytime, you will have to walk to different spots so your face may become sweaty. Hence, keeping the cosmetics in your bag will help you touch up your face.
- Bring hair spray. Though professional makeup artists will style your hair to last longer, the wind may ruin your hair. So, keep a hairspray to keep your hairstyle the same and stop your hair from flying over to your face.
- Take lots of photos. Capture at least 5-7 pictures in the same position with different poses then select the best pictures and retouch them.
Quinceanera photo session is proof of 15-year-old girls undergoing changes. So, you need to capture their beauty in as many ways as possible. Keep variations in the pictures by taking both individual and family and friends photos. Also, add quinceanera party pictures like parents, damas, and chambelanes dance moments, etc. to the album too. Try different quinceanera poses, edit the pictures flawlessly, and make your client smile upon getting the pictures. All the best for your quinceanera photoshoot.